Last Updated: 08/01/2016
We at SMART SURGICAL, INC., dba Burst Biologics™, (“Burst Biologics,” “we,” “our,” “us,” or the “Company”), are committed to respecting your privacy and the security of your identifiable information and that of the company or other legal entity that you represent (collectively, “you” or “your”). We do not sell, rent, or share identifiable information for commercial use.
- the types of information we collect;
- how we use that information;
- the choices we offer, including how to access and update your information; and
- the steps we take to keep your personal information safe.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information in two ways:
A. Information you actively submit.
- If you create an account; place an order for products or make a return; inquire about or register for our services; request emails from us about our offerings; provide us with marketing preferences; follow us or submit information, including postings or photographs, via third-party social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.); participate in a marketing survey; submit other information to us directly or through third-party services; or otherwise send us data via the Sites, we collect identifiable information that uniquely identifies you and, in such instances, you will know what data is collected because you will actively submit it.
- We collect the following types of identifiable information: your contact information (such as your name, organization address, email address, phone number, fax number), username and password, shipping information (including the shipping address and phone number), purchase history at our Sites, demographic information, information you provide by interacting with us through social media, and postings or photographs that you submit through our social media channels. Also, by submitting a posting or photograph, you waive any rights thereto and authorize us to copyright, use and publish the same in print or electronically for any lawful purpose. All postings or photographs submitted to our Sites become the property of SMART SURGICAL, INC..
- Note that any personal and identifiable information that you post voluntarily now or in the future through the Sites or on an area of a social network monitored by us (e.g., our Facebook page) may be visible to others and collected by third-parties.
B. Information we automatically collect.
- We and our affiliates, analytics or service providers, and select businesses with whom we have marketing relationships, use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer the website, tracking users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual or aggregated basis.
- When you visit one of our Sites, we automatically collect the following types of information, some of which is anonymous: information about the devices you use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser, and operating system type), URLs that refer you to our Sites and the dates and times of your visits, information on your shopping behavior on our Sites (e.g., page views, paths you take through our Sites, etc.), general geographic location information (e.g., country or city) that shows where you are when browsing our Sites, search terms that you enter to reach our Sites or enter on our Sites to find products, and the fact that you opened one of our emails. We utilize analytics services to help us track the efficacy of our Sites and help us learn more about our visitors’ shopping behavior.
- Social Media Features.Our Sites include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button and widgets, the “share this” widget, or interactive mini-programs that run on our site. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Sites. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
- Log Files.As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this for troubleshooting and maintenance purposes.
- Information Passively Submitted.We collect information during your use and navigation of the Sites, such as the URL of the site you came from, the browser software you use, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, IP ports, date/time of access, data transferred, pages visited, amount of time you spend on the Sites, information about transactions conducted on the Sites, and other “clickstream” data. We also use “cookies” to enhance and customize your experience of the Sites. A cookie is a small text file that may be stored on your computer or device used to access the Sites. You may set your browser software to reject cookies, but doing so may prevent us from offering conveniences or features on the Sites. (To reject cookies, refer to information about your specific browser software.)
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We want to provide you with the best experience on our Sites, including all channels that we manage (e.g., social media sites). To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may combine the various types of data we collect. We may conduct marketing analysis and similar research to assist us in making business decisions. Such analysis and research activities may be conducted through third party services, using anonymous data and aggregate statistics generated by our collection of information.
From time to time and in compliance with applicable law requirements (e.g. based upon your prior consent if required under the law applicable to you), we may use contact information that you have provided to send you information regarding products and services, as well as other information that we think may be useful to you. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us, you may opt out by unsubscribing in emails received from us or by contacting our Customer Service.
If you order products through our Sites, we may contact you by email to provide information about your order (e.g., order confirmations, shipment notifications). If you have an account with the Sites, we may also send you email regarding your account status or changes to relevant agreements or policies.
We may use the information we that we collect via the Sites in the following manner, including without limitation, to:
- register and manage your account;
- process and track your order;
- provide status updates on your order;
- provide customer service when you need help;
- improve customer service and/or merchandise selection;
- provide products and services that you request;
- provide information concerning product recalls or products you have purchased;
- identify preferences that you provide to us;
- communicate with you about our products and services;
- send you email updates, promotions, surveys, and direct mailings;
- customize our Sites or our communications with you;
- track the efficacy of our Sites and help us learn more about our visitors’ behavior;
- enable you to communicate with us through social networks or other interactive media;
- publish testimonials or photos;
- analyze our marketing strategies and trends regarding your use of our Sites or social media channels as well as your purchases;
- protect against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- manage exposure to risk from unauthorized users;
- understand our customers’ aggregate behavior;
- improve our Site experience;
- improve the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns;
- comply with applicable legal mandates, our policies, or industry standards.
3. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties, except (a) with your consent; (b) to our subsidiaries, affiliates and service providers to fulfill product orders or deliver services, or otherwise to fulfill a contractual obligation to you; (c) to service providers who act on our behalf and under our instructions to perform certain functions (e.g., IT companies, credit card processors, credit rating agencies or legal, financial and other advisors); (d) as required by applicable law, such as to cooperate with law enforcement investigations or upon receipt of a court order; or (e) to courts and public authorities protect you, us, or third parties from harm, including fraud or instances where somebody’s physical safety is at risk. Service providers acting on our behalf shall be obliged to comply with this Statement and adhere to confidentiality requirements and will only receive access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions.
In the event of a merger, acquisition, or other reorganization or sale of our business or assets, we may share or transfer your information, where the recipient will be required to use the information in accordance with this Statement.
In the event we become aware that the security of the Sites has been compromised or users’ identifiable information has been disclosed to unrelated third parties as a result of external activity, including, but not limited to, security attacks or fraud, we reserve the right to take reasonably appropriate measures, including, but not limited to, investigation and reporting, as well as notification to and cooperation with law enforcement authorities. In the event of a data breach, we will make reasonable efforts to notify affected individuals if we believe that there is a reasonable risk of harm to the user as a result of the breach or if notice is otherwise required by law.
- Our Sites are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to create an account or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. No one under the age of 18 may provide any information to us, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a person under the age of 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. INFORMATION SECURITY
We work hard to protect us and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information:
- We implement physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect;
- We use encryption when using the Internet to transfer or receive requested sensitive identifiable information;
- When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we use 128-bit encryption to transmit that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com
- Credit card numbers are NOT stored in our database. We keep on file only the last 4 digits to verify the card that was used. Once the information is transmitted to our servers for processing, we use encryption in the back end to transmit the request to our payment processor to verify the credit card and place an authorization for the order total; and
- We restrict access to personally identifiable information to our employees, contractors and agents on a need-to-know basis and who are bound by confidentiality agreements.
When you use the Sites, you are transferring information to the United States and to other countries, where we operate the Sites.
We keep data at least as long as required by applicable law, and we may keep data as long as permitted by applicable law. You may access, correct, and/or update your information by accessing your accounts or profiles on our Sites. Alternately, you may at any time request access to a summary of information we hold about you, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org; you may also request corrections, updates, or deletion of your information. We will make reasonable efforts to respond promptly to such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
We take commercially reasonable technical, physical, and organizational steps to safeguard any information you provide to us, to protect it from unauthorized access, loss, misuse, or alteration. Although we take reasonable security precautions, no computer system or transmission of information can ever be completely secure or error-free, and you should not expect that your information will remain private under all circumstances. In addition, it is your responsibility to safeguard any passwords, ID numbers, or similar individual information associated with your use of the Sites.
To minimize the risk of having your account being compromised, we recommend that you set up your account password using unique numbers, letters and special characters. Do not disclose passwords to others. Please notify us of any password compromises and change passwords periodically to maintain account protection. Please be sure to sign off and out of your account when you are finished using our Sites in order to protect against unauthorized use.
6. YOUR CHOICES
We offer you choices about the information we collect, how we use and disclose this information, and how we communicate with you.
- Email/Direct Mail.You may opt out of receiving marketing emails or direct mail from us at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails. You will continue to receive service-related emails (e.g. order status).
- You may disable cookies in your Web browser, but doing so will impact the usability of the Sites. We may also use technologies, such as our own cookies, to provide you with personalized online display advertising tailored to your interests. To opt out of our cookies used for this online advertising, click here.
- You may opt-out of Google Analytics by following this link.
- Updating Your Profile.You may update or correct your identifiable information related to your account directly on the site or by contacting Customer Support at email@example.com. If you wish to request deletion of your personal information, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond requests within a reasonable timeframe. We retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, contractual statute of limitations, resolution of disputes, and enforcement of our agreements. Please note that we may not be able to delete data upon request depending on the reasons above and the nature of your interactions (e.g., we retain data to notify customers of product recalls).
- From time to time, we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on our site. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary, and you therefore have a choice about whether or not to disclose this information. We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; in those cases, that company will be prohibited from using our users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose. We will not share the personally identifiable information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
7. BLOGS/FORUMS (SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS)
Our website offers publicly accessible blogs/forums that accept user generated comments. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our website or social media channels in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to change this Statement from time to time and in our sole discretion. We will alert you when changes have been made by indicating the date it was last updated as the date the Statement became effective. When you visit the Sites, you accept the version of this Statement in effect at that time. We recommend that you periodically revisit this Statement to learn of any changes.
10. QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have questions or comments about this Statement or about how any information you submit to us is used, please contact us at email@example.com and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns.